Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tool #11: Before going through the 11 tools, I wasn't really sure about blogs and using them in the classroom but as I worked through this, I got more and more ideas on how I could use Blogger in my class. Like I mentioned in a previous post, each student will create a blog and will post to it each unit to create an electronic portfolio that will serve as a review for the EOC. I like the idea of using Edmodo with my students and I have found several apps that I will use in my class.  

This past year I really tried to incorporate more technology and more student centered  lessons. I learned what worked and what didn't work and so for this year I have lots of new ideas on how to use the new technology. However, I really want to make sure that the focus is always the content. I want to make sure that the technology remains as a tool.

There was nothing that really surprised me. My biggest focus right now is finding balance while using the technology and preparing my students from the beginning so they become more effective researchers, creators and collaborators. Given the student/device ratio, I want to make sure that I find the most effective use. I am also keeping in mind the possibility of the technology not working on a given day. I want to make sure that I always have a back up plan or that each lesson has a component that will allow students to continue to make progress if there is an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment